LEARN TO MAKE GELATO!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
This gelato class is designed for anyone who is interested in entering the Gelato or Ice cream business as well as current gelato business owners who want to improve on fine-tuning their recipes and product knowledge.
Only at this gelato class will you benefit from our instructor Maria’s wealth of knowledge about creating your own gelato recipes and the art of learning to make gelato and premium ice creams. No other class will teach you what you’ll learn here! Maria and Equipment & Concepts share the belief that the most important thing is the quality of the product. Without a superior product, there is no business.
AT THIS CLASS YOU WILL:
- Learn the important fundamentals of gelato recipe development versus recipe following, have a new knowledge of ingredients, and gain necessary skills to successfully make gelato, sorbet & premium ice cream.
- Experience 2 days of hands-on production on top of the line gelato equipment.
- You will make the product yourself with the gelato machines here at our facility.
- Learn about destination businesses, where to open your gelato store, who your customer is, what items you should sell, and how to organize daily production.
- Have your eyes opened to the realities of the gelato business which will help you decide if this is an investment you want to make?
- Hear us discuss the truth about licensing requirements for gelato manufacturing; wholesale & retail.
- Learn about reducing food cost.
- Learn gelato equipment fundamentals. What you need and why, how to use it and how to care for it.
- Leave with a better understanding of costs and managing inventory.
- Learn about successful marketing in the gelato business.
- Hear about important problems and their solutions, and take part in a class Q&A.
- Take home an invaluable book of BALANCED gelato recipes! Priceless in itself.
WHY CHOOSE THIS CLASS?
Because you should learn from the best in order to be the best. Our instructor Maria Coassin has owned and operated her gelateria “Gelatiamo” in Seattle, WA for over 20 years and her business is arguably one of the most successful gelaterias in the country. There is no substitute for learning how to make gelato from someone who runs their own business day in and day out. You will learn from her mistakes and successes. She will share her secrets with you. Something you simply won’t find anywhere else.
WHO IS MARIA COASSIN?
Maria Coassin is an Italian native who studied with some of the most renowned Gelato Masters in Italy. She founded Gelatiamo in 1996 and she continues to operate her business and develop new and exciting flavors and novelties. Gelatiamo is proof that gelato can be a real profitable business that allows you to express your love for sweets while growing your financial security.
“I got my money’s worth by lunch time on day one! I have been running my small business for a bit over a year with a lot of success. Spending just a few days with Maria has been eye opening and fascinating and I see my product and sales going to the next level starting immediately! Thanks to all, well worth it. ” ~ Marianne Cozzolino, Jenny and Frank’s Artisan Gelato – PA “Investing in your class was, so far, the best decision we’ve made since plunging into the gelato world. Between Maria’s instruction and the comfortable environment you provided, it was both educational and enjoyable. Maria said that small business is all about the people. You’re people I’m glad to have on our side.”
~ Uli & Ryan Vaillancourt, Gelateria Uli – Los Angeles, CA
“When I got the idea to start a mobile gelato catering business, I tried to learn the craft on my own. I got some culinary books, and experimented for a year, but couldn’t put it all together. I signed up for Maria’s workshop and it was the best investment I could have made. Not only was the class fantastic, but I got the answers to so many little things that I could not figure out on my own. I left with the tools to create any gelato or sorbetto flavor that my customers request. Maria is a natural teacher with contagious enthusiasm for her craft. The facilities are top notch. Colleen & Tom are very welcoming and supportive. I could not recommend this class more.”
~ Margaret Schankler, Owner Hello Ice Cream”
“If you think you have an understanding of gelato production, you will be surprised. Many of your assumptions will be corrected and you will learn how to begin making your product on a new quantum level. ”
~ Frank Bailey, FCB Desserts
If you have an interest in signing up for our next two-day Gelato Class or perhaps a Private Gelato Class, please fill out the form below and someone from our office will contact you promptly. Enter the date you’re interested in on the form. We’re available to talk at 877-969-4352!
2-day Class: February 18 – 19, 2018
2-day Class: May 6 – 7, 2018
2-day Class: September 2 – 3, 2018